Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sedan-truck update

Amazingly, the MVA was helpful! Maybe it helped that I called ahead to explain the issue. The mistake was made at one branch, but I now live closer to another, and wanted to fix it there. I got the two branch managers to work it out and verify that I would be getting it fixed at no cost.

I went in, and had to find the manager's office. I turned my head all directions, and a gentleman who was waiting in line kindly pointed me towards the end of the line. Thanks, but no thanks, waiting in line at the MVA is for chumps! (I know I'll regret typing those words, but it felt nice to bypass that part.) I quickly got a new registration -- ugh, it still expires at the same date as the old one, so it's not really new -- and plates.

Then the employee helping me reminded me to check the title. So when I got home, I looked at it and...drat! It's titled as a truck, too! I've left two messages and waited a week, and they still haven't responded. They were so helpful with the registration, but now they're stonewalling me on the title. Jerks.

2 comments:

2nd said...

I knew you were in for a disappointment when you'd had a 'good experience.' I trust that your lack of faith in the MVA has been properly restored.

Hot Cup said...

Oh, it has. They saw to that.

Maybe my problem is that I'm calling the closer (White Oak) branch. Last time, I called the Glen Burnie branch first. Then, by the time I called White Oak, the manager had already been contacted by Glen Burnie and was expecting my call. Now, no one even answers at White Oak.