Thursday, October 25, 2007

The cliche at the end of the schooling


The thesis defense date is officially set! Monday, November 12, at 2 p.m., I will be presenting An Analysis of an Interrupt-Driven Implementation of the Master-Worker Model with Application-Specific Coprocessors.

I've been told (by the humorously-harsh co-chair of my committee, who is only given such a prominent role because he co-authored the proposal that obtained the research money for this project) to prepare a twenty minute presentation, but to be ready to have it go twice as long due to questions. Incidentally, he and the other co-chair have another meeting at 3 p.m. When I asked if he was certain we'd be done in the sixty minutes the schedule afforded us, he told me that it will take that long "only if [I] fail." I really need to pass this final examination so I can finally get to my job and start earning money again.

Please, oh please, tell me that light isn't a train.

2 comments:

Ms.LMC said...

Well if they ask you a question you're not sure about, just repeat it back in a surprised tone, as if someone told you that you have jelly on your shirt. Then you will all have a good laugh, and it will be a story you can tell for years.

Ms.LMC said...

Oh yeah, and PS GOOD LUCK!!!